Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother's Day Delight

If I could pick one thing in life to have more money and time for, it would be photography (okay, and traveling.  Definitely traveling).  I don't claim to have extreme skill, or think I could make a profession out of it, but it's probably the one thing (past my children) that I have passion for.  My husband is very lucky to have found early in life a profession he loves and enjoys going to every day, and I've always been envious of him because I think many of us aren't so lucky.  But I enjoy photography like he loves his job.  I love seeing things through the lens and having that vision come to life later.

With that said, for Mother's Day I asked my kids for one thing...total cooperation for three mini-photo sessions.  I take A LOT of pictures of my kids, but I don't think it's necessarily something they all enjoy.  (Okay, that's a lie.  Isabelle loves the camera and would spend 24/7 with everything being about her.  But that's another story.)  This plan meant that all three got to go out with me individually, thus no pictures of the three of them together, and spend 1-on-1 time with mom, and have me snap some pictures.  I can honestly say this turned out better than I expected.  I'm not sure the pictures below are necessarily the "best" pictures of each shoot, but they're my favorites.  And the best gift this mom could have asked for.  






No comments:

Post a Comment